What does the job entail?
Do you like to leave a big impression, do you love people and enjoy making them happy and smile, we need someone to do just that in our award winning HQ right at the front of house on our reception.
As the UK’s leading ecommerce platform powering one out of every five online shops in the UK we are welcoming our business owners, event guests and partners (Google, PayPal, Marks and Spencers to name just a few) to our Lancashire HQ on a daily basis. Our reception is the heart of our company and our very own physical shop front to the world.
The receptionist role at EKM is just like us, fun varied but above all else world class. Your day will never be dull and will range from greeting everyone who comes through the door to admin support for our team.
Is this you? … Do you fit the bill below?
- Avid internet user and a lover all things technological.
- PC Literate: strong, I.T skills used to using both microsoft and google suite products (Excel, Word, Google docs, Google sheets)
- Proficient in using web-based applications.
- Highly efficient, conscientious and methodical individual with a strong eye for detail.
- Positive, forward-thinking, team player who can work independently without significant supervision.
- Ability to demonstrate initiative and decisiveness.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Smart, presentable appearance.
Picture working for a tech giant like Google or Apple... relaxed dress code, free snacks, tea & coffee, lots of company trips and a real campus feel to your workplace. Silicon Valley might be a few thousand miles away, but ekm.com was born and bred in sunny Lancashire.
With an open approach to managing people and a strong emphasis on knowledge share, ekm.com’s success comes from its staff, the ideas they generate and the amazing results they bring.
Our people are our biggest asset and they deserve special treatment:
- Everyday incentives (cash, booze, prizes, vouchers)
- Games and console challenges (Playstation, XBox, Table Tennis, Pool, Basketball, Fussball)
- Free refreshments when you’re parched or peckish (tea, coffee, soft drinks, biscuits, fruit and more)
- No one likes working on their birthday so you don't have to either, everyone gets it off!
- Regular FREE trips (fun ones – clubbing in Ibiza, quad bikes and casinos to name a few)
- Competitive pay - The reason everybody gets out of bed, right?
- Quarterly Celebrations Work hard, play harder… that’s the ethos!
- Relaxed Dress Code There are no suits and ties here
- Relax on your breaks and dinners by going down our amazing 80ft indoor slide or chill out in our 1950’s airstream caravan.
We already have some of the best perks in the industry, and they just keep on coming:
- Free Parking - you’ll never struggle with parking, there’s a free space for everyone.
- Epic Hardware - fast machines with dual monitors, each loaded with the best software available.
- Eye tests are essential so why should you pay? At ekm.com they’re always free.
- Our Cycle to Work scheme - there are even more reasons to go ‘green’.
- Free Gym - Fitness fanatic? Why not work up a sweat in our modern, cutting-edge gym
- Pensions - we’ve got your back for the future with a pension scheme for all - it’s a weight off your shoulders.
- Free Spotify premium - millions of songs available, anytime, anywhere, on us.